Thursday, January 31, 2013

Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf?

If that wolf's name is sugar, then I am very afraid!

Today has been my worst day for sugar craving.  I would really like to drink a Dr. Pepper or eat a nice hot fudge sundae.  And I'm not really sure why today is worse than other days have been.

Now I know I've said from the beginning I'm not going to deprive myself, just try to make better choices.  But I'm scared to say it's ok for me to have that soda or ice cream.  I'm afraid once I start I won't be able to stop.

I did have cake and ice cream and frozen yogurt while I was on vacation.  And I was satisfied and didn't crave it every day.  But today I'm afraid.  I keep trying to distract myself with water (ha - not even a little bit convincing).  Soon I'll try some fruit.  I'm only 3 1/2 weeks in to my new lifestyle and we already know I cheated while I was on vacation.  I just don't want to get myself back on that bad road.

But, nobody said it was easy!  Tomorrow I'm going for bananas.  We just got a new kitchen toy - Yonanas - which turns frozen ripe bananas into a frozen treat exactly like soft serve.  One of my husband's employees says it works.  But alas we are sans bananas right now.  So if I can get through the night, perhaps I can satisfy my craving in a healthy way tomorrow.

Onward and upward!

1 comment:

  1. You are having more success than I...I've been having cravings all week - and acting on them! :( It's not worth it. I feel yucky and sluggish. Stay the course!

    ReplyDelete