Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Cleanse Day 2 is in the books

And I'm happy to say I made it!  Day 2 was much harder than Day 1.  I was more tired - took a 2 hour nap in the afternoon.  I was more hungry at dinner time.  I had a dull headache off and on all day.  But I'm proud to say I made it!

I think I'm feeling better this morning although I haven't really been very active yet.  But no headache and the hunger is tolerable.  I feel less bloated which is clearly because so far in total I have lost 10 lbs.  I'm still primarily craving proteins but the bigger victory is I am not craving sweets!  And I noticed last night my knees didn't ache so much going up the stairs.

My biggest test today will be bowling.  I have been fairly inactive for the past 2 days.  Today not only am I still not eating, but I need to actually do some work and I have to bowl 3 games tonight.  Hopefully I can do it without eating so I can say I did the cleanse 100%.

My friend and hair stylist Stacy who got me onto this plan reminded me that I can't just go back to eating normally tomorrow. I won't have had any solid food in 3 days so I need to ease my body back in.  The recommendation is soups and fresh fruit juices.  Maybe avocado or steamed veggies that are easy to digest.  One girl in the support group says she is going to be having organic applesauce...I wonder if I can find that in our local grocery store...Today the one thing I am craving is the veggie omelette Darin made me for breakfast last weekend.  I take that as a good sign because while I do love a good veggie omelette, I usually crave breakfast burritos - with the tortilla and potato and all.  Going to have to start having things "naked" or "in a bowl" to cut back on my carbs.

Anyway, all in all despite how difficult it has been, I am glad I did this.  I feel better today than I've felt in two months.  And I have a positive attitude toward making dietary changes in the upcoming days and weeks.  But we'll save the final opinion for tomorrow after I get through my last day of nothing but Suero Viv!  Here's to one last day of powering through!

1 comment: